Through this Document, We Wish to Make you:
- Feel at ease while using our websites.
- Feel confident while sharing information with us.
- Aware that you may contact us with your questions or concerns about privacy on this website.
- Aware that by using our websites you are agreeing to the collection of certain data.
Information that may be collected from You?
hangup.in collects the details provided by you on registration together with the information we learn about you from your use of our service and your visits to our website and other websites accessible by us.
We take customer data privacy very seriously. Kindly, note that hangup.in does not access or store your payment card details (i.e. credit/debit card number, expiration date, CVV etc.). When you make a purchase using your card, all required transaction details are captured on the secured payment page, and encrypted using Industrial Strength Cipher, and are securely transmitted to your card issuer for obtaining an authorization decision. At no time during the purchase process or thereafter does hangup.in access to, or store, your complete card account information.
We read your SMS messages only for OTP verification at the time of making payments and during user registration at Ketch. We do not read any other messages on your mobile except the TP verification SMS sent by Ketch. We also don't access your call logs on phone.
We may collect additional information in connection with your participation in any promotions or contests offered by us and information you provide when giving us feedback or completing profile forms. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and website use, which enables us to improve the service we provide. We will collect only such information as is necessary and relevant to us to provide you with the services available on the website.
While you use our website, we may have automatic access to (receive and collect) certain anonymous information in standard usage logs through our web server, obtained from "cookies" sent to your browser from web server cookies stored on your hard drive, including but not limited to:
- Computer-identification information.
- IP address, assigned to the computer which you use.
- The domain server through which you access our service.
- The type of computer you're using.
- The type of web browser you're using.
While you are transacting on our website personally identifiable information collected about you may include:
- First and last name.
- Email addresses.
- Contact details including phone numbers.
- PIN/ZIP code.
- Demographic profile (like your age, gender, occupation, education, address and durables owned).
- Personal preferences and interests (such as books, movies, music and so on); and
- Your opinion on services, products, features on our websites.
We may also collect the following information about:
- The pages you visit/access.
- The links you click on our website.
- The number of times you access the page.
- Things you view, add to bag, add to wish list.
- Other websites you open simultaneously while browsing on ours
- Personal preferences and interests and
- Your opinion on services, products, features on our websites.
You may terminate your account at any time by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, from the email ID you have used for creating your account login, and mentioning "Please close my hangup.in account" in the subject line. We will disable access to your account within 2 working days of receiving your mail. However, your information may remain stored in the archive on our servers even after the deletion or termination of your account.
When / How do we collect the Information?
We will collect anonymous traffic information from you when you visit our website. We collect personally identifiable information from you when you register with us. During registration, you are required to give us your contact information (such as name, email address, date of birth, gender, billing address, delivery address, pin code, mobile number, occupation, interests etc.) Upon registration, users may receive communications from hangup.in (e.g. newsletters, updates).
We use this information to contact you about the services you are using on our website and the services in which you have expressed interest.
When you purchase a product or service from us, we request certain personally identifiable information from you on our order form, to be able to fulfil your requested service. You must provide contact information (such as name, email, and shipping address).
We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
You have the option to provide demographic information (such as occupation, education and gender) to us; we encourage you to submit this information so we can provide you with a more personalized experience on our website.
We are the sole owners of your information collected by us at different points on our Website.
We will collect personally identifiable information about you only as part of a voluntary registration process, guest checks out, online survey, or contest or any combination thereof.
Our advertisers may collect anonymous traffic information from their own assigned cookies to your browser.
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites which we do not own, manage or control. We may at certain times make chat rooms, forums, instant messenger and message boards and other services available to you. Please understand that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. We have no control over its use and you should exercise caution when disclosing your personal information to anyone.
If you use a bulletin board or chat room on this website, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums
How is the information used?
We use your contact information to send you:
- Password reminder and registration confirmation.
- Special offers.
- Event based communications such as order information, renewal notices, invites, reminders etc.
Note: We send users updates upon registration, and updates regarding your order status. We also send promotional emails to inform you about new arrivals, special offers, etc.
We use your personal information to:
- Improve personalized features on our websites to enhance your shopping experience.
- To contact you for your account / profile related matters or any other reason as may be necessary.
- To provide the services requested by you example deliver merchandise ordered by you.
- To preserve social history as governed by existing law or policy.
We use anonymous traffic information to:
- Remember you in order to deliver better and more personalized service e.g. track your entries in our promotion schemes;
- Recognize your usage privileges to our website.
- Administer and manage smooth functioning of our website by diagnosing problems.
- Track your session and activities so that we can understand better how people use our website.
Who do we share your information with?
We do not share or rent your information with third parties except our agents and alliance partners
We use the services of our enabling partners such as outside shipping companies, resellers, business associates to fulfil orders, and credit/debit card processing companies to process the payment for goods and services ordered from the hangup.in website. These entities do not retain, store, share or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes.
We will share your information with our alliance partners who work with us or on our behalf to help provide you with the services. An alliance partner is a company or an individual who owns and manages (wholly or part of) online content on their websites powered by hangup.in.
We share email addresses with agents and Alliance partners. The agents and Alliance partners use the email address to confirm the deliveries, send notices and offer services related to the service. We do not rent, sell or share your personal information and we will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information to any other third parties unless:
- Required by special circumstances such as compliance with subpoenas, court orders, requests/order from legal authorities or law enforcement agencies requiring such disclosure;
- To help investigate, prevent or take action regarding unlawful and illegal activities, suspected fraud, potential threat to the safety or security of any person,
- We have your permission;
- To provide products or services you've requested
We reserve the right to disclose your personal identifiable and email address information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our websites.
We share your information with advertisers on an aggregate basis only The security of your personal information and email address is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit/debit card number) on our acquiring bank's system or order forms, they encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information and email address submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information and email address, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our website, you can mail at email@example.com